b Cheri LeBlanc, MD: Faith, Hope & Love in New Orleans

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Faith, Hope & Love in New Orleans

I felt that one more story of our weekend in New Orleans needed to be told. The pictures below are of the waiting room, a picture of the street the church is located on (Firehouse Family Ministry), and the couple is Dr. Mike and his wife, Angie. They were first time volunteers with Healing Hands. It was so exciting for me to have two doctors to work with in the mobile clinic.

The story below was told by Angie, who was working in our pharmacy and educating patients about the diabetes machines we were giving them. But a series of events led her to spend time with and pray with a lady on Friday. . . and this was no coincidence.


"I met a lady this weekend in New Orleans who told me she had lost her reason to live. During Hurricane Katrina she lost her home and her only daughter. She thought her only purpose in life had been to care for this daughter who had been very sick.

She needed Jesus to heal her broken heart and to show her that He still had a purpose for her life. After talking about her daughter for a while, it was obvious that she felt a deep sense of guilt over her daughter’s death. She felt she should have been able to prevent it.

I was able to share with this precious lady how God Heals our broken heart, and binds up our wounds (Psalm 147:3). I was able to share my own testimony of how God had healed me from feeling the responsibility of my own brother’s death.

The fear of losing a loved one had once plagued me and now that very same spirit of fear was plaguing her. She was a Christian who had isolated herself from other believers and desperately needed to be free from grief, guilt and fear. I felt God was urging me to tell her that her day of grieving was over and He still had a plan and purpose for her life (Jeremiah 29:11)

We were able to pray together and before she left she assured me she was going to go back to her church and help reach out to other people. She now knew that there was still a plan and purpose for her life.

God is AWESOME! “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me …. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives… to set free those who are downtrodden…” Luke 4:18"
Angie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home