b Cheri LeBlanc, MD: God's Dental Miracle

Thursday, April 05, 2007

God's Dental Miracle


I guess I should start by saying (once again) that I'm sorry I haven't blogged in a while. One thing I don't have is a boring life! How wonderful it is to serve the Lord with all your heart. Anyway, I'm getting off the subject.


We have a new addition to our family in Healing Hands. Ele (our mobile medical unit) now has a friend. I am extremely pleased to introduce you to Mo - our mobile dental unit. I'm sure most of you are thinking, "What?????"


I will give you the quick version of the story which demonstrates that God is ready to answer your prayers, if your prayers are a reflection of our Father's heart.

In our medical outreach we have seen so many people that have incredible dental needs. Many would come with infections in their gums because of broken teeth. I could treat the infection and it would go away for a while, but it would come back later. We were just putting a band-aid on it, and not getting to the root of the problem (if I was a preacher, I could preach on that for awhile). The people we see have no insurance, so they certainly couldn't afford dental procedures.

So, we saw a need (which is always the first ingredient for a miracle). We began to pray last summer for a mobile dental unit and the staff to run it. I received an email about 4 weeks after we started earnestly praying for it in our weekly prayer gatherings for the ministry. This email was from the same company that sold us Ele, just wondering if we were in the market for a dental unit to match our medical unit. WOW - just that increased our faith, then the next thought was WOW - look at that price tag even for a used one. But we knew that if it was God's will, He would provide it for us.

The next step was to let Pastor Dino in on what we had been praying for and believing God for. (For anyone believing God for something in your ministry, please let your lead pastor in on it!!) After 6 weeks of prayer I received a text message from my pastor. He said that Joyce Meyer Ministry was going to provide the unit for us to grow our minstry to reach the hurting. There are no words to say how I felt at that moment! Our God is so big, with unlimited resources. Why do we continue to limit what He can do for us?

Thank you, thank you, thank you Mrs. Joyce Meyer and all those on her team who believe in our mission. Thank you Pastor Dino for believing in us.

More soon . . . because we've already taken the dental unit to New Orleans for an outreach!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home