b Cheri LeBlanc, MD: Spanish outreach 7-15-06

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Spanish outreach 7-15-06

We had a great morning in Gonzales, Louisiana at the Healing Place Church Spanish Campus. I am blessed at this location to have both a pediatrician and a chiropracter that serves with us at this location. Remember: all of our volunteers work for free to see patients without any type of insurance and we are able to provide them with most of their medications. All because of donations from awesome people all across the country.

I still don't have the final numbers but it was about 37 patients that were treated that day! We have been at this location since February 2006, so some of these patients are like family. We were really blessed by a patient's wife who cooked us breakfast - - Mexican syle!

I had a thought the day after the clinic (while I was cutting the grass - don't you get some crazy thoughts during this time?) Why is it that the first person I remembered about this clinic was the only one that did not seem appreciative of what we were during, thought we should be during more. This person completely overlooked the fact that we were donating our time and talent to do what we could. And pouring out our heart as we did it.

But why do my thoughts immediately go to that incident? Is it because Christ doesn't want any to perish and I am reminded to pray for this person? Or is it a scheme of the devil to steal my joy in what He is doing through this ministry that I'm blessed to be a part of?

As I continued to cut the grass, I argued both sides. Here is the conclusion that I came to: It depends on how I choose to view it. I have a choice! The bible states in Deuteronomy 30:18-20 "Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, that you and your descendants might live!"

Anytime I think of something that makes me angry or feel bad, I need to pause and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to me the proper way to regard something. Which way invites life instead of death.

All this during an episode of grass cutting. This is what I call "multi-tasking"!

Cheri

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home