b Cheri LeBlanc, MD: First 5 Months

Thursday, July 20, 2006

First 5 Months

I wanted to thank God for what He is allowing us to be a part of through this outreach. And to thank all of the people out there that support us with financial help, your hours of volunteering and especially for your prayers.

I was amazed at the numbers of patients that have been seen in the first 5 months of the existance of the mobile clinic, Ele. I wanted to share this with everyone.

February 59
March 109
April 96
May 92
June 127

Total 483

The first thought that I had after adding these numbers was contacting the only other church-sponsored mobile clinic that I am aware of (if anyone knows of more, PLEASE send me that link) to ask them what numbers they had in their first five months to see how we compared. No sooner than this thought had done a revolution in my brain I felt a check in my spirit. Why should I be worried about that? I am doing what God has called me to do. Each volunteer in the team is doing what they have been called to do.

It's not about the numbers that we can so easily get caught up in, it's the ONE that needed us that day. Some days we get more ONES than other days, but we still need to focus on each ONE as the ONE that needed to have an encounter with Jesus that day. And if we have a day that only has ONE, then praise God! This ONE gets extra love!

Cheri

1 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Carole Turner said...

Hello. I don't know if you need them but I have 3 blood glucose meters with 10 test strips each.We would be happy to give them to you.

Our daughter is type 1 and if you ever need help in that area for an outreach please let us know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home